Fall 2017 Internship
Lincoln Park Strategies is an analytic research firm that provides a complete range of market research and data services to political, nonprofit, corporate, and association clients. Located on Capitol Hill in Washington DC, we are currently searching for qualified candidates to join our team as a Fall Intern. This is an hourly paid position ($12.50/hour) with an expectation of at least 16-24 hours per week, with the opportunity to expand work hours depending on work load and candidate availability.
· Providing logistical support to analysts in the development of quantitative and qualitative research instruments to gauge public opinion, test and refine campaign messaging, etc.
· Supporting LPS analysts in the production of innovative reports and presentations of findings for clients which communicate data heavy concepts in the most effective and meaningful way.
· Conducting background research on candidates or potential clients.
· Helping with the drafting of memos and other written content.
Ideal candidates will possess:
· A love of data and communications.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· An ability to work in a fast-paced environment with long or irregular hours.
· Strong attention to detail.
· A demonstrated commitment to Democratic/progressive causes.
· Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel.
· Experience with SPSS as well as a familiarity with voter files and other political data sources is helpful but not necessary.
· Prior experience in political campaigns, grassroots organizing, public opinion research, data analysis, or a related field is a plus, but not required.
This position is available as early as August 2017; the internship will conclude at the end of the calendar year. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please include “Fall Intern” in the subject line.